Valentine Cards available at my etsy shop!
OK everybody! We’re less than 2 weeks away from the lamest holiday ever… Valentines Day. Now, you can be EQUALLY as lame, and buy your girl or guy some lame generic store-bought hallmark card for 5 bucks… OR you can be AWESOME and buy one of MY special Valentine cards like this one HERE (a must have for any true FRIENDS fan) at my etsy store! Bam! Order one today, so I can class you up and get you laid! ;)
I want to chat for a sec… So I’ve been drawing ever since I could hold a pencil (blah, blah, cool story bro, I know) but I didn’t really start drawing COMICS until 2008. Since then I’ve drawn over 300 comic strips. Is every single one of them comedic gold? No. But I do think that over my journey I’ve at least learned a few things. I don’t know if I grown to be a BETTER artist than I was, and I don’t know if my jokes have gotten funnier either. But my hope is that I can TELL my jokes a lot better than I used to. This comic is a perfect example. Below is the original comic that I drew back in 2010. The 4th panel was poorly written, and really just not very funny. I was trying way too hard I think. Anyway, I re-worked it (shown above) and I’m much happier with it now. Which is a good thing because… one of my current projects I’m working on is re-formatting sizes/re-drawing/editing/and in some cases re-writing all my old comic strips so I can collect them in a book and make actual physical copies of them to sell at my etsy shop! I’m proud of all my old comics, but if I’m going to sell them I want them to be the best work that I can do. And when I finish a book of them, I’ll post a link on here so you guys can check it out if you’re interested in a copy! Thanks for reading, and stay tuned!
1. Eat, drink, and be merry! If you’re passing up Grandma’s almond butter cookies or a slice of that Christmas ham just because you’re worried about gaining weight, don’t. People always say they gain ten pounds over the holidays, but the real number of pounds that people ACTUALLY gain: one. (its a real statistic, look it up bookworm!) Watch your alcohol though, especially if you’re driving. Booze + icy roads = big trouble.
2. Can’t find a gift for someone? Try Etsy! Most people dig handmade gifts, plus you’ll feel good supporting a starving artist (like me!) And if you’re thinking about getting your partner a gift card for Christmas, take them out on a mini shopping spree instead. Make a fun date out of it together, dinner at their favorite restaurant included!
3. Going to a Christmas party? Bring Christmas punch! (ginger ale+rainbow sherbet). Yeah, it’s so simple a fourth grader can make it, but you know what? It never disappoints. People always drink it up, no matter what age they are! Looking for a more “adult” holiday drink? Vanilla vodka + Butterscotch Schnapps + your favorite cream soda = Harry Potter Butterbeer for grown-ups! Also, if you like hot chocolate, try dropping some Red Hots candies in your cup. Because Red-Hot Chocolate!
4. Consider taking a Vitamin D supplement during the winter. There is a link between low Vitamin D and depression. It’s hard enough to get outside and exercise during the holiday season, let alone get enough sunlight, and a Vitamin D supplement might make all the difference if you’re fighting off those dreaded holiday blues.
5. If you have never seen Love Actually or Bill Murray’s Scrooged, watch them! They’re great holiday feel-good movies :)
And whether you believe in Him or not, may God bless you, and I hope you have a merry Christmas season. Love, Bruce.
Hey guys! Sorry I haven’t posted much lately, I’ve been working on loads of other projects at the moment…but! All is well, and I promise to share more with everyone soon! In the meantime, feel free to check out all the books and other fun stuff that I have been putting together lately right HERE at the Mind Circus Comics Shop! Big thanks to everyone who has supported me and my art, love you guys! Also, been working on a little side project… an 80’s cartoon sketchbook! I grew up in the 80’s, and my brothers and I watched all the 80’s cartoons so I thought it would be fun to draw a few! Hope you enjoy my first, and I’ll be posting more soon!
If you would like to support a local artist and purchase a copy of this comic, you can do it HERE! Thanks for reading :)